Of all the improvements and projects targeted for funding by the Conservancy, few have more potentially far-reaching influence than educational programs. Today’s children are tomorrow’s stewards of the park and other public lands; their decision, not ours, will determine the fate of these valuable lands in coming decades. But disturbing trends show that children are becoming increasingly disconnected with the natural world. A trend we aim to change for those within Glacier’s reach.
At the Conservancy, we fund the following:
- “Reconnecting Children with Nature” workshops
- Teacher to Ranger to Teacher Positions
- Winter ecology education interns
- Free Ranger-led field trips for youth
- Interpretive hikes and programs
- Programs for under-served youth
- Discover Glacier endowment
- Native American cultural programs
- Educational programs for K-12
- Busing kids to Glacier
- Native America Speaks Program
Find out more about our 2014 Funding Priorities for Education!